Born in early 2017, Great Flats Brewing is a family-owned, quality focused, farm craft brewery, located in the heart of downtown Schenectady, New York.
Our name pays homage to the fresh water aquifer underneath our great city, and that very aquifer provides our most crucial ingredient – clean and fresh groundwater.
Born in New York. Grown in New York.
As a New York State Farm Brewery, our beers are produced with New York State grown ingredients. This doesn’t just give us access to better quality, farm-grown ingredients – it also contributes to a growing and thriving local economy. At Great Flats Brewing, we sip what we’ve sown.
For more information about the New York State Farm Brewery regulations, click below!NYS Farm Brewing Program →
In addition to producing some of the finest beer in the world, New York’s craft breweries are creating jobs, supporting our state’s farmers and hops growers, as well as bringing in tourism dollars in local communities across New York.”Governor Andrew M. Cuomo (July 18th 2012)
Our food policy is that we have no food policy, so you’re welcome to bring your own tasty meals, or have your own food delivered. We also host local food trucks and carts, so check back frequently to see when your favorite vendor will be here! When we don’t have a food truck, we always have complementary chips or pretzels for you to snack on.
The tasting room at Great Flats can accommodate up to 85 craft beer lovers at a time. Give us a shout or drop us a line to see what our availability is for your event!
Collaboration builds a stronger community, and we love working with different local businesses to create collaboration brews, or to host partnered events. Some of our local partnerships include:
- Convergence Craft Malts, Albany, NY
- East Coast Malts, Freeville, NY
- Foothill Hops Farm, Munnsville, NY
- Electric City Roasters, Schenectady, NY
- Cider Belly Doughnuts, Albany, NY
- The Lab Creative, Syracuse, NY
- All Over Albany: A Look Around Great Flats
- Daily Gazette: Great Flats Marks Opening with Beers Cheers
- Times Union: Sneak Peek at Great Flats Brewing
- Biz Journals: New Brewery Planned for Downtown Schenectady
- Daily Gazette: New Craft Brewery Coming to Downtown Schenectady
Wait, is that a fake mustache?
You have to be at least 21 years of age to pass this point.
I'm definitely 21+ I am under 21